Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This one's for you, Bri!

Okay so I have a lot to say today. I'm hoping that I can fit it all in without getting drawn out. That's what she said. I'm sorry, it was just too easy. That's what she said. I hate myself.

1. The boy and I had date night last night  which was absolutely excellent, as usual. We saw Bridesmaids, which was hysterical! Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph are just as funny and witty as always. Jon Hamm even plays a small, douchey role. What can be better!? This is most definitely a comedy, not even a Rom-Com. The boy thought it was going to be, but he was mistaken. We came to the conclusion that it was a Chick-Com, so that's what we're going with.

2. I tried the wavey hair for real last night and it looked great! It stayed put all night and was most definitely a hit.

3. I'm watching last night's #TheVoice right now and I'm LOVING it. This show is amazing. Everyone needs to watch it. Now.

4. I could not be comfier. AC blasting and in my favorite hoodie (stolen from the boy, obviously) while drinking my mom's freshly brewed Lemon Iced Tea. Excellence.

5. THE RECIPE!!!!

Okay so I have been thinking about what the next recipe would be and I've decided. I already did a breakfast food and a dessert. Why not a lunch? I've decided to do a Stir Fry! Now, I did a vegetable stir fry with some random veggies I had here, but you can basically put whatever you want in it. That's the great thing about a stir fry!


I used a Jasmine rice for the base. As for the actual stir fry, I used broccoli, carrots, snow peas, and edamame. 

Directions: Coat a pan with canola oil and add in onion flakes and Panko, which is a type of Asian breadcrumbs. Once it gets to be a golden brown color, add in the carrots and broccoli and stir it around for a bit. Then add in the snow peas and edamame. Lightly drizzle just a touch of soy cause over the veggies (I used Lite Soy Sauce). Turn the pan to a low heat and keep it sizzling while you make the sauce.



Sauce: I don't really have any measurements for this, unfortunately; I just eyeballed it all. But the ingredients are: lite soy sauce, rice vinegar, onion flakes, a dash of pepper, and a few squirts of honey.
Put the rice in the bottom of the bowl, the veggies on top, then drizzle the sauce over the whole thing.

Absolutely delish! Okay, now it's time to empty the dishwasher and take out the garbage before Momma B comes home. Then I'm off to get more blood work done -never a dull moment. The boy found this song and I cannot get enough of it. I love the original, done by Thompson Square, but something about this version just gets me. I want this duo to do more covers of excellent songs.





No comments:

Post a Comment