Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Deliciousness

Today I'm annoyed by just about everything. That it's disgusting out, that this room is a mess, that my hands still feel sticky after washing them about 13 times, that I don't want to go back into the kitchen and clean it after the mess I just made added to the mess that was left for me, that all I want is to eat ALL of the Oreo balls I just made for my sister, that I miss the boy even though I'm probably going to see him tonight. I'm annoyed by it all. I'm even annoyed by myself being annoyed. There's a new low.

Anyway, PLL premiers tonight at 8 which is excellent. Then The Voice at 9. I guess that's something I can't complain about.

What I can complain about is that I have yet another dentist appointment today. And that I cannot eat what I just made. When in a crappy mood - cook or bake. Except when you can't actually enjoy the aftermath; then it's just torture.

Today's recipe?

Oreo Truffle Bites.


Easiest. Recipe. Ever.

You can pretty much find this recipe online anywhere, but I figured I'd do you a favor so you don't have to go looking. It makes about 40-48 Oreo Balls, depending on if you make them the exact same size each time.

Ingredients: One package of Oreos (I use Double Stuf), One 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temperature, and a bag of either semisweet or milk chocolate chips. Most of the recipes online say to use semisweet, but I prefer the milk. It's worse for you therefore tastes a lot better.


First, break Oreos up and put them in a food processor. Grind them up until it's a nice smooth and powdery texture.


Place in a bowl and add in the room temperature cream cheese. Mix it up until the cream cheese is completely mixed in. It should be a creamy, almost mud-like texture. It's probably better to just use your hands to work through this, but I'm just warning you: it's pretty damn messy.


Use a teaspoon to get the right amount and roll the dough into bite-sized balls and place on wax paper. Put them into the refrigerator for about a half hour, or until they become cool and almost a bit hard.

Next it's time to melt the chocolate.


Place about 2-3 inches of hot water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat to where its still steaming, but not boiling. Place a heat-friendly bowl over the pot and pour in chocolate chips. Stir until the chips completely melted.

After chocolate is melted, coat the Oreo balls in the milk chocolate and place back on the wax paper. Put into the fridge for about an hour or so, or until the chocolate has cooled and hardened.


I obviously licked the chocolate bowl clean being that I couldn't actually eat any of the contents. It was the best/worst I could do.  

Clearly not the most healthy recipe for today, but either way I'm positive you'll enjoy it all the same...probably more.

Throwback:
(I don't know, I felt like it fit...kind of inappropriate, but just go with it)


No comments:

Post a Comment