Monday, June 13, 2011

Honestly...

Yesterday I went on my first ever long run since the mono. I brought my sister along with me and we ran/walked a little over 3 miles. My sister was less than happy with me, but she made it through. However, now she refuses to go on another long run outside with me. Well, ya win some ya lose some.

After this giant accomplishment, the boy came straight from work and picked me up. What did we do, you ask? We got sushi. Please don't judge me and my Asian problem. It was his idea! His delicious, tasty, Asian-y idea.

Today I decided to make something other than Asian foods. After I spent the morning with my computer and a cup of coffee, it was time for lunch. The boy and I were talking about my stir fry recipes and he suggested a more Mediterranean take on it, which I thought was a great idea. When I went to try out something like it, I found that there were no veggies! Pissed. So....


Homemade Fried Rice.

I apologize. Is there AA for eating too much Asian food? Asian food eater's Anonymous?

Ingredients
-Rice, already cooked
-Lite soy sauce
-Oil
-2 eggs
-Peas
-Salt & pepper

NOTE: this is all of the veggies I had in my house, but I would have liked to add in some snap peas, some broccoli, and maybe some chicken.

Directions
Cook plain white rice in a separate pot. While it's cooking, scramble two eggs and cook them to preference. After rice is done, coat the bottom of a pan with about 2-3 tablespoons of oil and add in rice. Stir fry for about 2-3 minutes, then drizzle lite soy sauce over the rice until a light brown color is obtained. Add in the rest of the ingredients (eggs and peas and whatever else you;d like) and stir for another minute or two. I'm a big fan of soy sauce, so I added a bit more of that. Salt & Pepper to taste, mix and serve!

Tonight my mom and I are baking for my sister to bring into school. Maybe if you're lucky I'll put one of my new favorite dessert recipes up here tomorrow! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this. Fried rice (any kind of rice, really) has my <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Make sure you let me know what veggies/extras you decided to put in!

    ReplyDelete