Friday, July 8, 2011

The One-More-Oreo Circuit

Okay, so I just got back from the best workout ever. I was in a bit of a workout rut, so to speak, and needed to spruce it up a bit. My sister and I have been doing WiiFit Yoga for the last couple days and it's pretty excellent, I'm not going to lie. However, it isn't exactly the "hardcore workout" I'm looking for.

Well... I've sure as hell found it. I took this circuit workout from Mrs. How Sweet and changed it around a bit. A lot of her beginning moves works a lot of arms, and as I'm sure some of you know - I have a bum shoulder. Not only that, but my arms immediately inflate when I do something as little as pick up my cup of coffee and I just don't want body-builder arms.

I call this the One-More-Oreo Circuit. It sucks. It's awesome. I hate it. I love it.

Warm up: 10 minutes of light/moderate cardio (I chose running on the treadmill at 6.5 mph)


15 pushups


20 alternating lunges


20 squats


10 squat jumps


15 situps


20 second pushup position hold


5 minutes of intense elliptical 


15 side crunches to each side


20 alternating side lunges (each side)


30 second wall sit


10 squat thrusts


5 minute 30-second treadmill intervals (walk @ 3mph, run @ 7.5/8 mph)


20 walking lunges


60 second plank


30 crunches


30 second pulsing plank 


30 reverse crunches


60 second plank


20 open squatted elbow-knee touches 9each side)


5 minute 30-second treadmill intervals


Now, like i said - I am not really a weight-girl because of my previous issues, but you can add weights to whatever you'd like. Theoretically I'd like to do another set of this, but I wouldn't be here to write this post if I did one more exercise. Now I'm going to go die, but maybe have an Oreo first. I hate myself.

One of my favorite workout songs. Always get me pumped.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing this workout tonight. If I am slightly out of shape, will this be impossible to complete?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, you'll definitely be sore hte next day. I'm not the most in shape and I was okay while doing it, but the next day was soo sore! Good sore though :)

    ReplyDelete