Thursday, July 28, 2011

Keep up the workout

Alright so I know I'm on vacation, but I think it's still important to keep up the workout. Once you get in the habit of not working out out it's so easy to fall right back into that rut when you get back home. So therefore: working out it is. Even if it's just a small workout while you're away, do it! I did skip Tuesday. I usually go roughly every other day while I'm on vacation. I try really hard to go every day, but sometimes the day does not permit me to if we have a lot going on that day.

Sunday and Monday I just engaged in some light cardio then some quick 10 minute ab toning. See? Nothing crazy! Last night, however, I was in the workout mood. If you didn't check out my last post, click here for some workout vocab so you know what I'm talking about! Here's my excellent workout that mildly kicked my butt:

Cardio
4 minutes: incline walk. Incline- 9, speed- 3.5
6 minutes: fast jog/light run at 7.0
1 minute: brisk walking at 4.0
4 minutes: 30 second-interval running. Run at 9.5, walk at 3.5
1 minute: walking cool down at 3.0

Leg, Butt, and Ab Toning
20 walking lunges
15 squats
30 second wall sit
15 side lunges
20 stationary alternating lunges
20 laying leg lifts (I used 10 lb weights on each leg)
25 weighted inside leg pulses (each leg)
50 non weighted inside leg pulses (each leg)

8 pee on the fire hydrants
16 butt leg extensions
8 pee and extends
**repeat the last 3 another time**

20 crunches
20 sit ups
20 butterfly crunches
20 tuck ups
20 straight leg ceiling crunches
20 butt ups
60 second plank
25 crunches
30 second hollow body hold
20 reverse crunches
30 second plank

20 side crunches to each side
20 bicycles
30 dollies
20 twist and crunches

end with a 60 second plank with your feet on a big ball.

There you have it! I broke it up into leg, butt, ab, and oblique exercises just in case you only wanted to do one or two of the body groups. It really wasn't all that bad. A little time consuming, but totally worth it; I feel great this morning! Today I'm thinking some ball-exercises. (Get your minds out of the gutter...I mean the big exercise balls!)


I hope you all enjoy your day!


What was on your workout plan today??

No comments:

Post a Comment