Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday: Hello World

Let's talk about the Rapture. Mhm. You know, then end of the world, Judgement Day, when the Lord comes back and people turn to dust. Clearly, being that I'm "talking about it", it hasn't happened. How ridiculous, right? I thought it was absolutely unreal that people put their whole life savings into this ordeal. I heard some people actually quit their jobs, took their kids out of school, and sold their houses! Now what? Guess what: we're all still here!

Although this was completely a hoax and over the top, it got me thinking: what if this really was the end? Kind of weird to think about. If tomorrow was the end would you be satisfied happy with what you've accomplished? Yesterday I spent the day at a communion with family and friends. Well, they weren't my family and friends, but that's besides the point. I had a really excellent day: spent the morning with the fam, then the afternoon and evening with the boyfriend and his family. Not going to lie, it was a great day to end the world. However, I'm glad it didn't end.

This morning my mom and I were watching CMT and the song "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum came on. As the video was playing I said to my mom that I didn't really get it; the video and the song didn't match for me. My mom explained to me that the song was about just going through the motions of life. Rushing through everything and not taking the time to enjoy the little things. I think we all get wrapped up in the routines that we fall into. Me personally? I like the routine. It gives me some kind of structure. But there's a point where the structure isn't really enough. You find someone you love and you want to share the routine with  them, for them to be part of the structure you've created.

The boy said something to me the other day that made a lot of sense. There are 3 things you need in life: money, time, and freedom. Money to do things, and the time and freedom to do what you will with that money. Having a ton of money is all well and good, but if you don't have the time to spend it with the people you love then what good is it? He's a pretty smart guy; I guess I'll keep him around a while.

Today I thought I'd share the song that got me thinking.


Now stop reading this blog and go out and enjoy some time with the people you love!

1 comment:

  1. Country music for the WIN!

    For whatever reason, my browser won't load the page for following blogs, so I'm letting you know via comment that I'm loving the blog! Keep it up, Sevs!

    ReplyDelete