Friday, May 20, 2011

Here I Go: Promoting Alter Bridge

Last night I went to a concert that I had no intentions of enjoying. One of the boyfriend's favorite bands is Alter Bridge, so I decided to swallow my pride and buy some tickets for his graduation (yes, the one that was in the pouring rain). I know, most of you are either unaware of the band or completely turned off already. Well get ready because I'm about to turn you on (Come on, get your mind out of the gutter).

So who is this Alter Bridge that I speak of?



Alter Bridge = Creed - 1 + 1. Yep, I said it. CREED. Horrendous, right? Wrong. As for the "-1 + 1", it's minus Creed's lead singer Scott Stapp, plus new lead singer Myles Kennedy (who happens to be excellent, by the way). You can check out the rest of the band's history here if you'd like. Anyway, I know Creed gets a really bad rep, but AB is nothing like them. They're a little heavier - a lot more rock and a lot less..."One Last Breath". Myles Kennedy's voice is so unique and unlike anything I've heard before. He has such a distinct sound thats so refreshing. The music? Excellence. The guitar solos that Tremonti and Marshall do are just ridiculous. Music to my ears. Literally.

As you can see, I have a very broad taste in music. I'm pretty much open to anything except all of that screaming music; that's just noise. Although country music always has my heart, I'm a big fan of rock, pop, jazz and even the occasional rap when I'm feelin' like a badass. Music is all about what kind of mood your in.

What's even better? They were amazing live. Not only did they put on a great show, they sounded just like they do on the record if not better. I hate to say it, but I am most definitely an Alter Bridge fan. Here's one of my faves:


Okay I can't resist. This one was excellent live:



Soon enough you'll be coming to Alter Bridge With Arms Wide Open ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment