Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just Five More Minutes

I wanted to go to the gym early this morning, but I didn't really have the motivation. I woke up already dreading the day ahead of me. Ever have one of those days? Where you just don't want to get out of bed because you know that what lies ahead of you could not be any worse? Then you realize that you actually still have to go through it all so you think that by staying in your bed for just five minutes longer time might stop. Time will just stand still and you could stay in that moment for as long as you want.

...then those five more minutes are up and it's time to drag yourself out of the safe little cocoon you've mentally created and start the day.

That was the kind of day I had today. I had two appointments one after the other: a doctor's appointment (which, although would make an absolutely hysterical blog post, I will not be discussing) at 12:50 then a dentist appointment at 3. Like I said in previous posts, I always have something wrong. So clearly, this was no different.  

After an hour and a half at the doctor, more blood work papers, a prescription, and another hour and a half of poking and prodding at the dentist, I was ready to call it a day. I got home, crawled back into my cocoon and just laid there for a few. It's amazing how in an instant your mood can be changed around.


The boy came and surprised me with these! The second he surprisingly walked through my door, all of the awful memories of my day disappeared. He didn't even have to bring flowers; just him alone would have been more than enough to brighten my day. Aren't they beautiful?


Alright, alright I'll stop boring you with the sappy end to my day. But I just figured he deserved a little bit of a mention for that. Especially after his long day at work.

I'm going to end the post on an excellent, but still somewhat sappy song. It's been one of my favorite songs for years. I just can't get enough of this guy. His new CD hits stores at the beginning of July.




No comments:

Post a Comment