Monday, May 23, 2011

Perfect Rainy Day Post

Today's post is going to be all about health. Bored already? Please keep reading. I promise it won't be painful.

I woke up today feeling dreary. Probably because it was raining and has been for the past week and a half. To top it off, the house was a mess and everything just looked dark and dull. What better to make the day brighter than a little oatmeal (Yes, this one's for you Laura!). Delicious AND healthy!

Ingredients
1/2 C rolled oats
1 C water
Splash of skim milk
A couple shakes of ground cinnamon
1/2 a splash of vanilla



Directions: Boil water on the stove, stir in oats and cook for 5-10 minutes or until desired thickness is obtained. After that add in the cinnamon and vanilla (or any other ingredients you prefer). I topped it off with some cinnamon sugar and fresh blueberries for sweetness and generous scoop of peanut butter for some added flavor. Another thing about me? I absolutely love peanut butter; it's the perfect topping for pretty much ANYTHING.

I paired my homemade oatmeal with a nice, hot cup of coffee. Perfection.



 After I sit around and watch the marathon of Fair Wedding on WE (yes, I love me some wedding shows) and procrastinate cleaning up the house a bit, I plan on getting to the gym. After I go I'll update on what was on my workout menu and the music selection for the day.

I know it's old, but I'm loving this song right now! It always puts me in a better mood on crappy days.


What's your favorite oatmeal recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, oh my! I'm in love. Not only with you, but EVERY single ingredient in your oatmeal mix. I think we need to live together someday and I can make you my pumpkin pie overnight oats :]

    ReplyDelete