Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Little Life Re-Cap #1

Before I say what I actually want to say in this post, I need to do a little life re-cap. I'll make it quick, I promise.

#1: I'm always sick. Maybe not always, but a good deal of the time I'm either sniffling, have a sore throat, or lost my voice. Something is always off.
#2: Nothing goes my way. Okay, sometimes it does but once again, a majority of the time I have to make things work because it always tends to go the opposite direction of what I plan.
#3: I love to exercise and I go to the gym every day. Running, cardio, toning, aerobics classes, I love it. All of it.

With that said, last fall semester I was sick pretty much every other week. Big surprise, right? I didn't have a  voice at all for just about the last three weeks of the semester. Some people would say that was a blessing, but I beg to differ. Spring semester rolls around and after all of winter break being "healthy", once again I get sick. I swear I'm allergic to that school. Anyway, I'm on and off sick for the first two months. Finally, after going to the Wellness Center and have them tell me I have a common cold, I decide to seek better help. I'm not one to run to the doctor at the first stuffy nose, but being that I had these crazy lumps all over the left side of my neck, I thought it was a decent idea.

I ended up going to a Minute Clinic in CVS. Sketchy, I know. She didn't know what to do with me so I got sent to an Urgent Care Facility. Awesome. The verdict? Mono. Once again, excellent. I couldn't exercise for eight weeks and I was tired all of the time, but it could have been worse.

Okay, now for what I actually wanted to blog about: exercise. After the mono, it's been more than tough trying to get back into shape. Where I was running between 2 and 3 miles a day on top of doing the elliptical for a half hour and some ab toning, I'm now panting after one mile. And what's even worse is this weather! With it raining all the time all I want to do is sit inside and watch movies, eat, and just be lazy. However, I've been dragging my comfy self out of bed each day and getting on that treadmill. I WILL get back in shape. I'm determined.

Here's what's on the workout schedule for the day:
- bike: 15 minute warm-up
- treadmill: 2 minute walking warm-up, run for a mile, 3 minute cool-down
- stretching
- some abdominal toning to end off.
Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Here's a song that always gets me pumped. It's kind of a fun video too.

Some other good pump-up songs:
We Are The Fallen - Bury Me Alive
Breaking Benjamin - Without You
Lil' Wayne ft. Drake - Right Above It
Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body
Mat Kearney - Trainwreck

What pumps you up?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love Adele. "Set fire to the rain" is a song that I have put on repeat for thirty minutes during a work out, but to choose some close runners I'd say...
    "Like this" Kelly Rowland
    "Something you forgot" Lil Wayne
    "The Heart of the Matter" India.Arie
    and yes, I like "Born this way" Lady Gaga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee Adele! That's a good one to run to. I'm a fan. I'll have to try out some of these songs!

    ReplyDelete