Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bring on the brisk air and falling leaves!


If only that were coffee inside that cup.

Since my recent departure from my beloved coffee, I've had it once. And that once was the weekend we went to Oley, PA. My roommate's step dad picked up coffee from Dunkin' Donuts and I just could not resist. BUT! Since then, I have not had a single sip! When the boy visited last week, I made him a cup (or two....or three) every morning without a single ounce. Do you know how hard that was!?

Anyway, It's October and I could not be more excited about fall. I love fall. I think it just may be my favorite season! It did not start on the right foot, as I'm already sick! If you remember from one of my first blog posts, I'm always sick. I even lost my voice already! This may be a record. Usually my voice doesn't disappear until November/December or so. Then proceeds to go missing during the even colder months again.

Here are some of the things I'm most excited for about fall:

1. Attire. Although now my daily attire consists of khakis and a heinous purple polo, fall clothes are my fave. I love sweaters, boots, scarves, light jackets. I love it all.

2. Colors. Orange is my favorite color, so you can imagine how excited I am that everything gets to be this orange/yellow/red/neutrally color.

3. Warm drinks. Even though I am no longer having coffee, there are tons of other drinks that I love. All different kinds of teas, hot coco, ....okay maybe there aren't as many as I thought. But maybe coffee will be able to come back into my life? We'll play it by ear.

4. Going home. I'm going home next weekend for our Fall Break. It's not so much of a "break" as a "two-days-off". I get the weekend, Columbus day and the day after to hang with the fam. I cannot be more excited!

5. Pumpkin. I love anything pumpkin flavored. Actually, I've never had pumpkin pie, but I'd bet that I would love it! If you haven't been on Pinterest, get on it now! They have the most delicious looking pumpkin flavored things! Click here to go to my Pinterest food board. If you click on one of the enlarged pictures, it will bring you to the recipe! (usually)

6. Thanksgiving. With fall comes Thanksgiving and I am a big fan. Every Thanksgiving, my family and my aunt's family get together and have an excellent time. LOTS of food, games, and hanging out with the family. What can get any better than that?

7. Sleeping with the windows open. The best feeling is being snuggled up under the covers and being just a little bit chilly. Comfortabley chilly.



This was one of the opening bands at last week's concert. I am a big fan of this song. The boy? not so much.

What are you most excited for about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment