Sunday, September 25, 2011

Then

This weekend was the best one I've had in a long time. Last weekend was a blast; the roommates and I went to the Oley Fair in Oley, PA. Basically a bunch of tractors, excellent food, petting zoo-action, and a great auction at the end of the night. We had so much fun.

This weekend the boy came and visited me. I hadn't seen him in three weeks and I was getting kind of antsy. Long distance sucks. I don't care what anyone else says - it sucks. It's hard and awful and frustrating and by the end of that two, three, four week period of not seeing each other, you're pretty much ready to scream. But you know what? It's totally worth it if you both are willing to work at it and really want to be with one another. All of the time between just makes the two of you stronger and more stable in your relationship. Once you can handle the distance, you can handle just about anything. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

He arrived Thursday night and stayed through this afternoon. On Friday we went to the Brad Paisley Blake Shelton concert that he purchased me for my birthday! It was absolutely AMAZING. Our seats were great and the experience was even better.

You like our matching outfits? I know. 




Jerrod Niemann on the left, Blake on the right. Honestly PERFECT.


Brad on the left, Brad and Blake on the right.

We honestly could not have had a more perfect time. The atmosphere was great, crowd was great, performers were phenomenal, and just the overall experience was definitely an A+! Good job, boy! :)

Saturday was spent lounging, then a trip to the King of Prussia mall to do a little shopping (a successful trip, too!). Then it was off to one of our all time faves: Hooters! Classy, I know. What can we say? Last but not least, we visited another one of our all time faves, Hannah. What a great Saturday night.

I was definitely sad to see him leave, but we had the most perfect weekend. It was exactly what we needed. Here's my favorite Brad Paisley song. Actually, at the concert, someone was proposed to during this song. I loved every second of it.


1 comment: