Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Year

This past weekend the boy reached our one-year mark! I can't believe it's been over a year already. Time really flew right on by.

He took me on the most well thought out date! He started by bringing me a dozen red roses, the first type of flowers he ever got me. Dinner consisted of sushi - the place where we had our first dinner-date. (BTW, we got the Fireball Roll and it was so good. I literally could not get enough of it. Definitely one of the highlights of the date!) The next place he took me was the place I took him back in the day: Sayville Park. It's this park that has a playground, picnic benches, and a small "beach" and little dock. We got there just in time for the sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.


After freezing our butts off, we went and got some Starbucks, one of our frequent date spots and also our first real date. Then we went people watching at a 711, then back to the spot we used to go to chat before he met the parents and was "allowed" to come in. Last but not least, he gave me the movie we went to after Starbucks on our first date:


What a funny first date that was. Hah. Poor movie choice on my part. Not bad at all, just a little awkward for a first date. Anyway, he also took me on a mini shopping spree to Dick's Sporting Goods and I picked out pretty excellent items if I do say so myself. 2 pairs of shorts, a T-shirt, a Nike pullover, a sports bra and a pair of pants! He knows me too well ;)

Last night I took him out to a nice dinner at another one of our favorite Italian places. It was absolutely delicious. Of course, we drew out our anniversary like we do with all presents and holidays and made it a 2-day thing. We need to stop doing that! It was an amazing 2 days though - I could not have asked for anything better!

One of my gifts to him was a mix tape (CD). Corny, I know, but it was awesome. Here's one of the songs that was on it:



Kind of a funny/joke song. Everyone hates this song but he completely loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment