Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Coming to an End

We are slowly, but surely coming to the end of the semester. It's been quite a challenging semester in more ways than one. With school work, extracurriculars, work, and social life (or lack-there-of), I've just been taking things day by day. Honestly, at this point that's all I can do. That's all any of us can really do: take one thing at a time, work your butt off and hope that all of your hard work pays off. There's no use in worrying about things you can't change. You can't change them, so why dwell on it? Work on what you have to do for the next day, work hard and that's all anyone can ever ask.

To mentally get by I've just been de-stressing by working out. It's the cure to any stress. Promise. I've really been into interval training lately. I tend to get really bored by the treadmill. The monotony sort of gets to me after 10 or so minutes, so the constant changing the pace really keeps me on my toes. Here was today's workout:

Minutes                              Speed
0-1                                      4.5
1-2                                       8
2-3                                      4.5
3-4                                        8
4-5                                      4.5
5-6                                      8.5
6-7                                      4.5
7-7                                      8.5
8-9                                      4.5
9-10                                    8.5
10-11                                  4.5
11-12                                    9
12-13                                  4.3 (That .2 really makes a difference!)
13-14                                  10
14-15                                  4.0
15-16                                   8
16-17                                  4.5
17-18                                   6
18-19                                  4.5
19-20                                  4.0
All of this comes out to about 2 miles. After this I did my everyday ab routine which I will post very shortly! I finished my workout with 5 minutes on the treadmill at 6.0. I sweat away all of my troubles! It was excellent.


Well, now it's off to clinical. Then dinner and studying my butt off for my 2 tests tomorrow. One day at a time.

Here's my new favorite workout tune:
I posted the full version, which I wasn't going to do. But if you haven't watched it yet this gives you a good excuse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment